When we’re in need of medical attention or just a regular check up, we go straight to hospitals to receive health care. Of course, due to costly procedures and difficult accessibility, a lot of ideas come into mind. Can i trust this hospital? Is it highly rated by the community? Overall question is, What can the hospital take in course of action to be effective in society?
First, what is Corporate Social Responsibility? According to World Business Council for Sustainable Development (2000), CSR is described as “The continuing commitment by business to behave ethically and contribute to economic Social development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as the local community and society at large”. So how does CSR effect Healthcare related corporations?
Corporate Social Responsibility in healthcare can benefit hospitals effectively.
- It can show the society the level of performance the hospital provides, and result in the community’s understanding about the hospital’s reputation. It’ll increase the money intake from stakeholders, improving the hospital’s ability to provide excelling healthcare and image.
- It can use resources more efficiently; using a higher quality waste management system to minimize waste and improved systems on energy use to decrease the cost. Overall improving the hospital’s image, resulting in a more attractive hospital.
- It can help increase patient loyalty and satisfaction, resulting in higher recommendation and popularity. When it comes to healthcare, earning the patient’s loyalty, trust, and satisfaction is most valuable.
- Improving CSR can attract investors, business partners, and even government support. Earning higher ratings from investors, business partners, and government support can improve the hospital financially.
- Overall, any CSR for a hospital will improve financial performance.
So why do we care?
- Our mission is to research CSR of health care to provide information for society that has an interest on health care and to find ways to efficiently use resources, enhance patient loyalty, increase quality employees and attract investors and governmental support.